Full-Time, New York (onsite)
Sayspring’s mission is to empower creators to design and interact with voice applications. We’re starting with Amazon Alexa and Google Home, but our ambitions are much bigger. Voice UI’s are going to have a profound impact on how people interact with digital devices, and the design community needs the tools and platform to craft compelling user experiences and add personality to voice assistants. Sayspring is that platform.
We have built an easy-to-use visual interface to let anyone create a voice prototype and actually talk to it on any Amazon Alexa or Google Home device, with no need to code or deploy anything. This isn’t about building a one-size-fits-all WYSIWYG editor to dumb down voice apps. This is about removing the technical barriers to this new medium to allow for a proper design and UX process.
We are a well-funded startup located in New York City, started by an experienced team who sold their last startup to Groupon. If you want to learn how to launch and grow a company, Sayspring is a great place to be.
To become the leader in voice design tools, we are looking for a Content & Community Manager to help bring our content efforts to a larger audience.
What You’ll Do
- Craft and implement a content strategy across various social media channels to engage design communities.
- Write blog posts and newsletters that share company news, industry updates, and voice design best practices. Writing is a big part of this job, so you should have a portfolio and/or examples of past work to share. A basic understanding of HTML will be helpful here too.
- Work with the CEO to discuss and plan weekly content and special projects.
- Closely follow and monitor the changes and updates across the voice industry. This isn’t just some throwaway line in a job description. There are new voice-related announcements from the major tech companies almost weekly, and we need to stay on top of all it.
- We occasionally attend meetups, and will be holding our own events. You will sometimes need to represent Sayspring at those events, as well as plan and run the ones we hold.
- Handle customer support for our platform. We use Zendesk, which is fairly easy to learn even if you’re new to it. You’ll be responding to questions and comments from our users, as well as write articles for our support section based on those questions.
- Create reports about content performance and user behavior on our site using Google Analytics, Kissmetrics, and others.
Skills and Knowledge
- At least 3+ years of experience in digital content, community, or a related field.
- Media/journalism background (newsroom experience) is preferred, though not required.
- Great writing skills, and the ability to write on deadline. Strong examples of past writing is required.
- Strong social media/digital knowledge, hopefully with experience using Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, YouTube Insights, etc.
- Understand SEO best practices and how they related to content.
- Knowledge/experience with common platforms for a role like this, such as Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Docs, etc.
- Excitement about the growth of voice assistants/interfaces, and the process of creating applications for them. There aren’t many people who have experience in this industry, so it’s alright if you’re new to it, but you need to be excited and passionate about where it’s headed.